I am an IT Professional with thorough experience in both Linux Systems Engineering and Software Development. I have worked on a variety of Linux systems including: Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu. I have also developed strong skills in DevOps support tools including: Puppet, Ruby, Go, Kubernetes, Docker, Git, Continuous Integration, and Cloud Platforms such as AWS and GCP.
Skills and Qualifications⌗
- Experience with the following programming and scripting languages: Go, Ruby, Python, Puppet, and Bash
- Experience with structured data formats in API development, game modding, and administration: JSON, YAML, XML
- Working knowledge of the Google Cloud Platform and its services. Specifically - Kubernetes Engine, StackDriver,
- Cloud Functions, Cloud Build, Container Registry, and MemoryStore (Redis)
- Working knowledge of Linux system engineering, administration, memory management, processes and threads, software installation and updating.
- Setting up, utilizing, and enforcing code tests with Continuous Integration on several platforms
- Unit testing for Go, Ruby, and Puppet applications and scripts.
- Experience with interacting, managing, and running applications on Kubernetes in the Cloud.
- Built Web API applications for interacting with local and external tools and services.
- Re-evaluate and re-engineer existing services and tool when necessary to meet changing business needs.
Applied Associates of Science in Computer Information Technology - March 2011 Southeast Community College - Lincoln, NE
Software Engineer, June 2020 to Present
Infrastructure Engineer, July 2018 to June 2020
- Maintain the backend Cloud Platform for the Flywheel Product line
- Build and maintain Go-based Kubernetes operators used to ensure uptime during Kubernetes platform upgrades
- Build and extend Go-based CLI program used for provisioning and updating cloud infrastructure in GCP
- Add feature that shows a list of in-progress node migrations
- Add features that provision and configure Redis MemoryStore in GCP for new API servers running in Google Kubernetes Engine
- Maintain build pipeline for Containers running and supporting Wordpress in Kubernetes
- Research new processes and technologies that could be used to address changing business needs
- Build and maintain a Ruby API server to connect the customer Rails Application to the Kubernetes/GCP backend
- Build Serverless tooling in Go to provide a variety of services and data about the Platform to other applications and teams.
- Build and maintain Rails app integration with the various backend Platforms, including Fastly, Google Cloud Platform, and internal API tools.
- Adjust platform design based on changing data and changing business needs
- Provide escalation support to our Infrastructure Engineering and Customer Support teams when necessary
NTT Security, Inc
DevOps Engineer III, Feburary 2017 to July 2018
- Develop platform for deploying and managing the OS and features of NTT Security Appliances via RESTful APIs and Automation built on Rails, Puppet, Sinatra, Gitlab, and Choria.
- Direct software design and development of backend features for new appliance platform using Puppet, Ruby, and Sinatra.
- Design and implementation of automated CI/CD pipeline for deploying new Puppet modules and feature configuration with Gitlab, Gitlab CI, and AWS.
- Work closely with other team members to integrate the Rails frontend with the backend automation using RESTful APIs.
- Work closely with upstream Open Source projects ensure that we had the feature set required by our platform and implemented in a way that anyone could potentially use it.
- Provide Technical Support for legacy appliance platforms.
Systems Engeineer II, September 2015 to Feburary 2017
- Engineered and Maintained the Puppet Enterprise infrastructure.
- Utilized VMWare and Puppet to provision and configure systems based on server role.
- Worked with Development and SRE teams to design and implement Gitlab Enterprise for Code Versioning.
- Developed a Gitlab Migration tool using Gitlab API and Ruby.
- Designed and Implemented Puppet Development Workflow.
- Developed and maintained Puppet code, unit tests, and integration tests.
- Utilized Continuous Integration and R10K to create a Puppet Deployment pipeline.
- Presented Workshop and Training sessions on a variety of technologies and tools.
- Engineered and Supported critical Linux Infrastructure.
Open Source Organizations⌗
Project Management Committee, January 2018 to Present
Contributor, December 2016 to Present
- Enforce Code of Conduct
- Review and Accept/Deny new projects and committers
- Release Planning
- Organizational planning related to maintenance of the organization
- General Contributor